I have a new recipe for you!
I call it my Banana, Strawberry, & Blackberry Smoothie, or my Purple Drink. This drink is great for those mornings when you're lacking energy. SO, have it for breakfast or morning tea! Here's how you make it...
Banana, Strawberry, & Blackberry Smoothie
- Blender (with the lid on)
- Tall glass/es
- Measuring cup
- Dessert spoon
- 1 banana, diced
- 4 strawberries, diced/quatred
- 4 blackberries*
- 2 heaped scoops of 98% fat free Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1 or 2 cups of milk**
- 1heaped tablespoon of Manuka honey***
- 5 blueberries (optional)
- a few ice cubes (optional)
- Put banana, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, ice cubes and milk into the blender, and blend on low for 20 seconds then on high till it is smooth and consistent as possible.
- Turn off blender and add the yoghurt and honey, then blend on low for another 20 seconds.
- Turn off blender, take off the lid, and pour your smoothie into your glasses.
** The number of cups you use will affect the thickness, amount, and strength of the smoothie.
*** Manuka honey has a rather mature flavour compared to other honeys and is my favourite honey to use. However, if you wish to make a sweet smoothie, use honey other than Manuka.