Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mission Update

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd add a statement to my 'Mission' page. I was talking to two of my youth group and bible study friends about this blog and asked them to pray for it. And during this conversation with them (just through reflection and added input) I want to add a new mission statement, that being:

I'm not trying to be healthy for myself - that's what the world wants me to do - but because I am Christian, I live for Christ, not the world. So, who am I trying to be healthy for? Well that's easy, God. 

I personally believe that as a Christian, everything we do should be for God (well, the good things) and to glorify Him. But, yes, I know, we are all far from perfect so we're not always going to please Him; we are going to fail sometimes. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. We can please God by taking care of the body He gave us. As my friends pointed out to me, by taking care of our bodies we will (hopefully) live longer, which means more time to spread the gospel. By taking care of our bodies we will be more energetic and in a better mood to spread the gospel, which means more listeners and more connection between people.

So there it is world. My new mission statement. If you're interested in joining the mission and/or have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment